Monday, April 4, 2011

Lent

Definitely one of my most unsuccessful years.  Haven't really given something up, but I have rededicated myself to the church.  Church has been going well for the most part...

I went to Stations of the Cross at my new parish for the first and last time two weeks ago and it really made me sad.  It was awful.  I have never been at a service that was more rushed; my priest barely let us respond before he started moving on and the confirmation kids were joking throughout the whole service.  Almost everybody was there just to check it off their Lenten to-do lists and I couldn't be more disappointed.  One guy wouldn't even let me keep the booklet they passed out at the beginning!  So disappointed. 

I'm trying to be a good Catholic.  The least the church could do is be a good Catholic as well.  I'll just focus on being Christian in the world, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment